The Network aims to:
- encourage and promote research on all aspects of Presbyterian life and work in New Zealand
- provide a network for discussion of research in progress to assist researchers to meet their goals
- promote regular discussion forums where researchers can present their research and discuss results and outcomes from completed research
- make known and encourage the use of appropriate libraries and/or archives which may assist with particular research projects
- foster a community of scholars interested in aspects of the Presbyterian influence in New Zealand society and its contribution to public theology
- provide a focal point for conversation and research in contextual theology.